The present code is a Matlab program for the analysis of noise signals. Time and frequency analysis, measurement of the noise statistics, etc. The analysis includes:
- Plotting of the:
– the signal in the time domain;
– the signal in the frequency domain (periodogram);
– the signal in the time-frequency domain (spectrogram);
– the amplitude probability distribution of the signal;
– autocorrelation function of the signal.
- Displaying of the:
– minimum and maximum value of the signal;
– mean value (DC-value) and standard deviation (RMS-value);
– skewness (tailness) and kurtosis (peakedness);
– crest-factor CF;
– dynamic range DR;
– autocorrelation time;
– test results for stationarity of the signal.
The code is based on the theory described in the references.
 D. Manolakis, V. Ingle. Applied Digital Signal Processing. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2011.
 G. Heinzel, A. Rudiger, R. Schilling. Spectrum and spectral density estimation by the Discrete Fourier transform (DFT), including a comprehensive list of window functions and some new flat-top windows. Germany, Hannover, Max-Planck-Institut für Gravitationsphysik, 2002.
You Maybe Interested In:
- Ridder’s Method For Solving Linear and Nonlinear Equations
- Request Your MATLAB Code
- Using a Kalman Filter to Estimate an Aircraft’s Position and Velocity from Noisy Radar Measurements
- Car Number Plate Detection Using MATLAB and Image Processing
- Using CodeToBuy Discount Coupons
- How to use Bluetooth with MATLAB for Wireless Communication
- MATLAB Data Logging, Analysis and Visualization: Plotting DHT11 Sensor readings on MATLAB
- PID Tuning Code using Zeigler-Nicholas Method in MATLAB
- How to Plot Real Time Temperature Graph using MATLAB
- Autopilot Model-Based Design for ARP-4754A, DO-178C and DO-331